New England Association of Schools and Colleges | NEASC
Sacred Heart University has been granted institutional accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six regional associations in the United States that accredit schools and colleges since 1969.Institutional accreditation is the means used by regional accrediting commissions to assure that the educational community, the general public and other agencies and organizations that an institution has clearly defined and appropriate educational objectives and that it has established conditions under which its objectives can be met.Accreditation also provides that an institution is so organized, staffed, and supported that it can continue to meet its objectives in the future.
In addition, several University programs either have received specialized accreditation or approval by the State of Connecticut, or have been granted specialized accreditation by national professional organizations:
- Jack Welch College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International)
- Education program for Teacher Certification at the elementary and secondary levels is approved by the Connecticut State Department of Education
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Sacred Heart University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- English Language Institute is accredited with CEA, Commission on English Language Program Accreditation and with AAIEP, American Association for Intensive English Language Programs