The Parent Council is a group of parent ambassadors who facilitate the advancement of Sacred Heart through philanthropic support and active engagement in the life of the University. Members share a common interest in strengthening Sacred Heart’s academic mission and reputation and, in doing so, they enhance the student experience overall. Being part of the Parent Council is a wonderful way to participate in your child’s education and to network with other SHU parents.
Parent Council members lead by example, demonstrating their support of Sacred Heart University through:
- Making annual leadership gifts of $2,500 or more in support of the University’s priorities
- Participating in two meetings each academic year, one in the fall during Family Weekend and one in the spring semester, to learn about developments affecting students, provide feedback to the administration and participate in broadening relationships to support the University
- Hosting or attending receptions, including Summer Send-Offs to welcome incoming students and parents to the SHU family
- Making welcome phone calls and emailing freshmen families from your geographic area
- Providing career development and networking opportunities for SHU students and alumni
Benefits of joining the Parent Council include:
- Invitations to special receptions with university leadership during Family Weekend and other times throughout the year
Reserved seating at Commencement
- Opportunities to make meaningful connections with fellow Parent Council members, SHU alumni, faculty and staff at meetings and other events
Recognition in Sacred Heart University’s annual Donor Honor Roll
"Being actively involved in our daughters’ college journey with the Parent Council has been such a wonderful and exciting experience for us. The networking through the Council has introduced us to so many Sacred Heart families, staff, and administrators and each meeting provides opportunities to learn about the University’s latest advancements and initiatives. We feel honored and blessed to be part of the Parent Council and look forward to all that Sacred Heart holds in the future for our children.”
- Rich and Shauna Haas P’19, P’21, Parent Council Chairs
To discuss involvement with the Parent Council, please contact Kierran Broatch at 203-396-8272 or firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.