Crisis Intervention

‌Depending upon the nature, location, and timing of an emergency, your options are:

  • Call SHU Public Safety - Dial 203-371-7911
    Public Safety will assess the situation, contact the counselor-on-call, and, if necessary, have the person transported to a hospital for care and treatment.

  • Dial 911 Off Campus
    Dial 911 off campus to summon local police who will assess the situation and, if necessary, arrange for transportation of the person to a hospital for care and treatment.
  • Counseling Center
    Monday - Friday, 9AM to 5PM
    After hours, weekends and holidays, call Public Safety at 203-371-7911

          National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Information

   Veterans Crisis Line Information