Withdrawal & Refund Policy

Withdrawal/Refund Policy:
  • Refunds are based on full tuition charges.
  • Failure to withdraw properly will result in the issuance of a Withdrawal/Failure grade and responsibility for payment in full.
  • If a student withdraws prior to the start of the semester, all fees will be refunded, except the registration fee. Once a semester begins, there are no refunds of fees, this includes registration fees, lab fees & music lab fees.
  • Refunds will not be given to students who have an outstanding balance.
  • Refunds are based on the schedule below and determined by the date of notification to the Registrar's Office/Advisement Office, not the date of last class attended. 
  • Students are required to request refunds - please contact Student Accounts Office at 203-371-7925 or submit your request in writing to the Student Accounts office SC100
  • Withdrawing from courses or failing to attend courses will impact your financial aid.  For details please see SHU’s Financial Assistance Withdrawal policy.

Withdrawal/Refund Schedules 

Sacred Heart University Online Program

  • 100% Before start of first week
  • 80% the 1st week of Classes
  • 0% after the 1st week of Classes

Fall and Spring Semesters 

  • 100% Before start of first week
  • 80%  Before start of 2nd week
  • 60% Before start of 3rd week
  • 40% Before start of 4th week
  • 20% Before start of 5th week
  • 0% After 5th week

Summer Undergraduate Classes

  • 100% Before start of 1st week
  • 75% Before start of 2nd week
  • 50% Before start of 3rd week
  • 25% Before start of 4th week
  • 0% Before start of 5th week

Summer Graduate Classes

  • 100% Before start of 1st week
  • 0% after the first week of classes

Intensive terms (for all students) - including Winter, Spring & Summer

  • 100% Before start of 1st week
  • 0% Once class begins

University will not release grades, transcripts, education verifications, diplomas or allow a student to register for subsequent terms with a delinquent balance.

The University reserves the right to request all delinquent payments be made in the form of a bank check, certified check or money order.