Full-Time Undergraduate Students
All Full-Time Undergraduate Students must have health insurance and will be automatically enrolled in the University Health Insurance Program. Students with proof of comparable Health Insurance coverage within the State of Connecticut, may waive out of the University Health Insurance Program. The review of this requirement is completed on an annual basis.
For Sacred Heart University students starting the Full-time Undergraduate Spring 2016 semester, requests for health insurance are accepted: December 8, 2015 through February 17, 2016 only. The cost is $945 for the health insurance coverage period of January 10, 2016 through August 14, 2016.
Students may elect to activate the University Health Insurance Program prior to automatic enrollment. To obtain the new health insurance card, please log on to www.gallagherstudent.com/SHU , then select "I want to Enroll.".
Part-Time Undergraduate and Graduate Students
The University Student Health Insurance Plan is optional for Part-Time Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students for 2015/2016. If you wish to enroll you must call (877) 368-1827 to speak to a Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk customer service representative.
The cost is $1,164 and the health insurance coverage period is January 10, 2016 through August 14, 2016.
How to waive/activate the health insurance program:
- Website: https://www.gallagherstudent.com/SHU
- Under the "Student Access" menu on the left side of screen, click on "Full-Time Undergraduate Student Waive/Enroll"
- To Waive: Select "I want to Waive"
- To Activate: Select "I want to Enroll"
- User name is your SHU email address, ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password is your SHU student ID 6-digit number with 3 lead zeros (ex: 000712345), for a total of 9 digits
- You will then be prompted to create a unique password
- NOTE: Once you have created your “unique” password, it will be used for the annual process to waive/enroll, as applicable.
- Complete the information on the next two screens
- Click submit
- IMPORTANT: Print or save your confirmation page as record of waiver/activation request.
*Failure to waive out of the Health Insurance Program will result in automatic enrollment and billed the cost of $945 for Spring 2016.
REQUEST FOR WAIVER or CONTINUED ENROLLMENT WILL BE REQUIRED ANNUALLY.