Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation

The Vocational Rehabilitation program is for qualified Servicepersons with service-connected disabilities. To apply for services, Veterans and Service Members should submit VA Form 28-1900 to a VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Military Service Coordinator, and or VA Regional Office.


VOCREHAB Counselors are assigned to students based on the Veteran’s county and state of residence. For students who are Connecticut residents, please contact the Hartford Regional Office.

Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Benefits Administration
555 Willard Avenue
Newington, CT 06111
Tel: 860-666-7379

In addition to your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility, students will need to provide a copy of their VA Form 28-1905 Authorization of Training to the School Certifying Official. This is issued by the Rehabilitation Counselor once benefits have been approved.

Education Benefits under the Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Tuition and Fee Payment
Sent directly to the school by the VA.

Books and Supplies
Covered by the VA – A bookstore voucher is issued to the student. All receipts are returned to the Student Accounts Office for processing.

Monthly Stipend
Paid to student.