Tips from the Jandrisevits Learning Center
- Sit front and center: it's the surefire cure for daydreaming
- Participate! Ask questions and volunteer answers.
- Don't surf the web or use social media
- Silence your cell phone
- Come to class prepared and be an active listener
Take great notes!
- Date a new page for each class
- Highlight key words or write them in the margins
- Use symbols to save time: ★ ≤ b/c v. esp ® ¯ \ ~ w/o w/in
- Use an academic planner. Keep up with the reading and assignments.
- Know how grades are determined and allocate your time accordingly
- Back up your work!
- Turn notes into test questions and review often
- Talk to the instructor if you need help
- Form a study group with peers
- Start early on large projects and get to know the SHU library
Need help with an assignment? Make an appointment at the Jandrisevits Learning Center!