Select your operating system:
1. From the Windows search bar (or Windows Run dialog box), type \\shuprt1 and press enter.
2. When the print server window opens, find the printer you are looking to add, and double-click on it to install to your computer.
3. When the printer installation is completed, a window will appear showing the printer's queue.
4. The printer is now installed! You can now print to it from your computer.
1. Open the System Preferences window. This can be found on the dock or in the Utilities folder. Then select "Print & Fax" from the Hardware section.
2. Click on the + button to add a printer. If printers are already installed they will show up in the list on the left side of the window. If the lock at the bottom left of the window is locked, click the lock and enter your password to unlock the area for changes.
3. On the Add Printer window, select the "Advanced" option. This button may not be present by default. If the Advanced option is not shown, right-click in the toolbar and select "Customize Toolbar..."then click on the icon for Advanced and drag it up into the Toolbar. Finally click Done.
4. After clicking Advanced, enter the following information:
- Type: Windows
- Device: Another Device
- URL: smb://shuprt1.sacredheart.edu/PRINTERNAME
- Library Student Copier - smb://shuprt1.sacredheart.edu/LIB-STU
- HC113 printer 1 - smb://shuprt1.sacredheart.edu/HC113-1
- Name: (doesn't matter, give whatever custom name you'd like)
- Location: (doesn't matter, give whatever custom location you'd like)
- Print using: Generic PostScript Printer
5. The printer is now installed! You can now print to it from your computer. If you are prompted for a username and password when trying to print, ensure that your username is your SHU network username (typically last name, first initial), and your password is your SHU network password.