First Year Students | Friday, August 24, 2018 & Saturday, August 25, 2018*
First year students move in on over two days based on their building assignments. Please follow the schedule to help spread out the traffic flow and alleviate some of the stress always associated with moving.
The following information is subject to change and will be updated throughout early August.
Check-in times for new students living in Roncalli Hall on Friday, August 24, 2018 will be as follows:
||9th & 10th floors|
||7th & 8th floors|
|12:00PM||5th & 6th floors|
||3rd & 4th floors|
Check-in times for new students living in Toussaint Hall on Friday, August 24, 2018 will be as follows:
|1PM to 4PM
||1st floor New Students ONLY|
|TIME||SETON & MERTON HALL|
|2PM to 4PM
||1st & 2nd floor|
Due to the work that needs to be done to ready the campus before official move-in days, the lofting of beds cannot be done until official move-in days. Please go to the check-in area in your assigned buildings on the official move-in days to be put on the list to get beds lofted. Roncalli on Friday August 24, 2018 and Merton/Seton on Saturday August 25, 2018. Bergoglio and Toussaint beds cannot be lofted.
New Transfer & Returning Students | Sunday, August 26, 2018
All new transfer students and all other returning students will check into the residence hall that they are assigned to on Sunday, August 26, 2018 between 10am and 4pm*.
Check-in times for returning students living in Jorge Bergoglio Hall, Christian Witness Commons, Pioneer Gardens and Scholars Commons will be as follows:
|TIME||BERGOGLIO HALL, PIONEER GARDENS & SCHOLARS COMMONS|
|TIME||CHRISTIAN WITNESS COMMONS
|10AM||CWC Dorothy Day Hall (Building 3)|
|12PM||CWB Oscar Romero Hall (Building 2)|
|2PM||CWA Jean Donovan Hall (Building 1)|
Oakwood Gardens, Taft Commons and The Ridge may check-in at any point between the 10AM - 4 PM move-in time frame on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
*It is important that you arrive on the date & time specified so that our full staff is available to help serve you. If you need to move in early for any reason other than official university-approved early arrivals (e.g. pre-season sports practice, approved university groups), there is an early arrival charge of $40/day once access is granted to your room, regardless if you are living in the room.
There is no move in assistance for returning students. Students, friends and family can help to move belongings into the rooms.
Important Early Arrival Information
Link will be available at 4PM on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
The Office of Residential Life opens the residence halls for the Fall semester beginning Friday, August 24, 2018 for First Year Students only in Bergoglio Hall, Roncalli Hall and Toussaint Hall, on Saturday August 25, 2018 for Seton and Merton Halls, and on Sunday, August 26, 2018 for upperclassman. You must complete this form if you need to stay in the residence halls or move into your assignment prior to these official opening dates. No student is allowed to move in more than 5 days before the official move-in date unless for athletics, specific pre-fall programs, and pre-approved university-sponsored programs.
Only students with prior approval are permitted to gain access or reside in on-campus housing during the intersession time (August 3, 2018 – August 25, 2018). Fill out the form linked below to apply for your early arrival stay in your housing assignment. You must sign up at least 3 days in advance of your arrival to be approve to come early. The last day to sign up for Early Arrival is Tuesday August 21, 2018.
Our office in conjunction with Campus Operations will do all that is possible to have apartments and rooms ready for students for early arrival. However, due to renovations and basic upkeep, some students may have temporary housing until he/she can officially move into their permanent room. You will be notified if this is the case and we will work to minimize the time you are in temporary housing.
ALL STUDENTS NEED TO FILL THIS OUT REGARDLESS OF YOUR STATUS AS AN ATHLETE, PRE-FALL PROGRAM or UNIVERSITY SPONSORED GROUP if you need to arrive early to the Residence Hall.
A charge of $40 per night will be assessed for your early arrival or early check-in. Once you are granted access to your room, you will be charged, regardless if you actually reside in the room or not. Only students who fall under the following categories will not be charged unless they need to arrive before their groups assigned date:
- Varsity athletes for Fall Pre-Season (Football, M & W Soccer, W Volleyball, W Rugby, Field Hockey, M & W Cross Country, Cheerleading) with approval from the Athletics Department – Dates are pre-assigned. Any student needing to arrive before the assigned date are responsible for the early arrival fee.
- International Students without a local host family
- Students who live more than 6 hours away by car (No more than 24 hours before official move in – charge applied for longer stay)
- Students who need to stay in the local area for academic work including athletic training and internships with prior approval from your professor or academic department (Please have your professor or academic department contact Gregory Madrid in Residential Life)
- Club Sports (Club Football, M Rugby, Figure Skating, Dance Team) with permission of the Director of Club Sports
- Band, Choir, Dance, Theater Arts students who are required to stay on campus for official training periods with prior approval from their advisor
- Student Life Pre-Approved Programs with permission of Associate Dean of Students (Student Ambassadors, Campus Ministry Peer Team, etc.)
- All Pre-Fall programs
- Orientation (Move-in Wednesday August 22, 2018)
- Community Connections (Saturday August 18, 2018)
- Behind the Curtain – Mind Your Business – Caring Hands, Caring Hearts – Lights, Camera, Action - Start Strong - Dance Intensive - A Week of Wellness – What’s Your Story? (Sunday August 19, 2018 - 10 am to 2 pm)
Any violation of the student conduct code during the intercession period will result in the immediate termination of the applicants early arrival without refund. Students will not be allowed to return until their official move in day. Coaches are ultimately responsible for the conduct of their players. All Residence Halls are dry during intercession housing and overnight guests are prohibited.
Lofting Beds: Lofting beds in any area will not be done until the official Move-In Days. Please go to the lobby of your building (Merton/Seton/Roncalli) on its Move-In Day to sign up to have your bed(s) lofted.
Returning Students Requesting Early Arrival:
To accommodate the incoming first-year student move-in on Friday, August 24 and Saturday, August 25, 2018. Returning and Transfer students moving into non-freshman areas are not permitted to request early arrival during the following times:
- Friday, August 24, 2018 from 7 AM to 1 PM
- Saturday, August 25 2018 from 7 AM to 1 PM
These students are strongly encouraged to find other times to arrive onto campus outside of these above times, as no early arrival move-ins will be granted during these times. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Reminder: During Early Arrival Housing, not all services on campus are fully functional. We do have limited staff within the halls during the early arrival and pre-season time period, and Public Safety is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All Residence Halls are dry during the intercession regardless of age.Early Arrival
If you have any questions regarding Early Arrival Housing, contact the Residential Life office at 203-416-3417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.