Residential Life offers you more than just a place to eat and sleep. We offer you the place where you meet, live, and interact with interesting people from interesting places; develop friendships; listen to music, read books, write papers, and discuss assignments with your classmates. Creating a safe, cohesive living environment is what we strive for to help you grow as a student and human being.
In order to create a smooth transition, we recommend taking a look at the items below before moving on to the required steps
- Not sure about what you may need? All of your questions can be answered when you take a look at a list of What to Bring (and what NOT to bring!)
- After you take a moment to learn about the Freshmen Residence Halls available to you, you're finally ready to start your Housing Registration.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact us!
Required Steps for Incoming Freshmen
Incoming Freshmen Housing in Three Steps
Three easy steps are necessary for you to sign up for housing at Sacred Heart University. To take a look at what's involved, please continue on to our website HERE! Students will receive an e-mail in mid-May describing how and when to compete some of these steps! Make sure to create your SHU Network Account first and then be on the look-out for future e-mail messages.
- Create Your SHU Network Account (Required - Complete prior to signing up for Orientation - No later than May 14th.)
- Complete Your Online Housing Registration (Required - Complete by July 2nd.)
- Roommate Selection (Optional - Complete by July 2nd.)
- June 21: LLC Applications Due
- June 22: Special Needs Housing Requests Due
- July 2: Housing Registration Due
- July 2: Roommate Requests Due
- August 24: Toussaint & Roncalli Move-in Day
- August 25: Merton & Seton Move-in Day