What is AHEAD?
AHEAD, or Adults in Higher Education Working for Accelerated Degrees, is an accelerated format. We also offer Associate and Bachelor's curriculums in General Studies. Classes are offered through an accelerated format consisting of 7.5-week courses. There are five such terms per year in addition to summer and winter sessions.
Can I transfer credits?
Yes! Those individuals with previously earned college credits can transfer up to 66 credits from two-year colleges and 90 credits from four-year institutions.
Are there night and/or weekend classes?
Yes! Night classes meet either two nights a week for 2 hours and 15 minutes per night or 1 night for 4 hours and 15 minutes. Weekend classes meet on the Fairfield Campus from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM every other weekend.
Is there financial aid available?
Yes, in fact most people are surprised to find out that virtually everyone is eligible for financial aid. Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for:
- Pell Grants that can range up to $4,000
- Stafford loans – federal loans that you do not pay back until after you finish your education
- Private scholarships
- A lifetime learning credit
- A student loan interest deduction on your taxes
- No-penalty IRA withdrawals for higher-education expenses
- Community Service Loan Forgiveness
For more information on financial assistance, visit Sacred Heart University's Financial Assistance website or call 203-371-7980. For more information on admissions, please call 203-371-7830.