Sacred Heart University prefers that international students submit the following information to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions before November 1 for January entrance and before March 1 for September entrance. For non-binding early action and priority scholarship consideration, apply before December 15 for September entrance.
A completed undergraduate admissions application must include:
- Complete Online Application for International Students. International students on an F-1 student visa are not permitted to enroll in online programs.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 US Dollars
- Official scholastic records from all secondary schools and college/universities attended
- One letter of recommendation
- All students who wish to receive academic credit for coursework taken at a foreign university will have to provide a course-by-course evaluation issued by WES or by any other accredited organization listed on NACES. In addition to the course-by-course evaluation, an official description of each university course must be provided in English. The following will be considered an acceptable document:
- Certified translation of the course description/syllabus;
- English version of the course description issued by the university.
- For all non-native English speakers, an official score report of an English language proficiency examination—or acceptable waiver—is required. To request a waiver, submit a transcript showing English coursework taken. Submit ONE of the following:
- Successful completion of English language course(s) from an accredited US university, determined case-by-case by SHU’s Office of International Admissions.
- International School curriculum in English
- AP English
- SAT/ACT Reading/Writing scores (optional for general admission to SHU)
- TOEFL PBT: 550
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- EIKEN Pre-1
- On-site ESL test proctored at SHU
- Cambridge Advanced English: 58
- Copy of your passport, specifically the page(s) containing your identification data and signature of bearer
- An official bank letter, signed by a bank official and dated within nine months of enrolling at Sacred Heart University verifying the student's, the student's family and/or sponsor's ability to pay $59,500 USD, the cost required to attend SHU (tuition, room, board, books, travel expenses). View a sample bank letter.
- The Immigration I-20 form (the form needed to obtain a student F1 visa from a U.S. embassy or consulate) will be issued by SHU after the student has been accepted to the University, tuition and housing deposits are received, and proof of financial support in the form of an official bank statement is submitted. The issuance of an I-20 and subsequent F-1 visa constitutes a legal agreement with the U.S. government binding the student to maintain full-time enrollment (at least 12 credits per semester) at all times except during the summer session. Employment in the U.S. is only allowed if authorized by the Immigration and Naturalization Service. More information...
Materials that are received by fax (203-365-7607) and email will be used as working documents only and are considered to be unofficial. Only original or photocopies with a school seal and signature will be accepted. Submission of falsified documents is grounds for denial of admission or dismissal from the University.
If you have any questions, contact: