Complete the FAFSA
- School Code 001403
- Application available October 1
- Select the FAFSA icon to complete the application online
Complete the Graduate Financial Aid Application
- It is strongly recommended that you submit the electronic form via SHUAwards > Menu > My Documents & Messages. However, you may opt to submit a paper version available to download.
The FAFSA and Graduate Financial Aid Application (formerly known as the Graduate Confidential Information Form) should be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period. Please note that additional documentation may be required.
Please note: If you are PROVISONALLY accepted, taking PRE-REQUISITE COURSES or are in a NON-DEGREE PROGRAM you DO NOT qualify for financial aid. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance with any questions.
Review your Award Package
Your SHUAwards Account:
SHUAwards is the primary tool used by the Office of Student Financial Assistance to communicate with you. To create your account visit SHUAwards and click on First Time User in the LOG IN box. To activate your account, enter your 7-digit Student ID number and follow the prompts to create your PIN.
- view your financial assistance award(s) by semester
- accept, reduce, or decline their award(s)
- confirm the status of financial assistance documents
- review important messaging related to your award(s)
- view your federal loan history from the National Student Loan Database (NSLDS)
Financial Aid Eligibility
In order to be considered for federal financial assistance, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be admitted and matriculated in a graduate degree program
- Be in attendance on at least a half-time basis (3 credits) in each enrollment period
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of your status
- Not be in default on a federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Be maintaining SAP as defined by the SHU Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.