July 6 – July 24, 2015
Deadline extended to June 30!
Wondering what college is all about?
Sacred Heart University’s Pre-College Summer Program provides an excellent opportunity for academically motivated rising high school juniors and seniors to participate in college-level courses and earn college credits.
All students in our non-residential Pre-College Summer Program will instantly learn that our scenic campus in Fairfield, CT is a vibrant community throughout the summer. SHU promises to provide you with world-class faculty, state-of-the-art classrooms and access to SHU’s extensive library collections.
Sacred Heart’s Pre-College Summer Program offers you dynamic undergraduate courses including communications, psychology and health sciences.
As a Pre-College student you'll enroll in a three-week undergraduate freshman-level course and the grade and credits you earn will be recorded on an official Sacred Heart University transcript. These credits can generally be applied toward an undergraduate degree at SHU or another university.
For only $200 per credit you can take an undergraduate course and prepare for college while still in high school!
Requirements for Acceptance:
To qualify for the Pre-College Program at SHU, you must:
- Currently have a 3.0 or better grade point average (GPA)
- Be a rising high school junior or senior and have fulfilled all high school requirements for completing your sophomore or junior year prior to the summer course.
- Obtain a recommendation from your guidance counselor
Why SHU’s Pre-College Program?
- Explore your current interests and a potential academic major and career
- Be instructed by experienced Sacred Heart faculty
- Get a taste of college at a top-ranked and well respected University
- Take part in credit-bearing college-level coursework
- Enhance your future college applications
Executive Director, Part-Time Undergraduate Admissions