Impact the Future of Technology and Business
Learn to master the latest technological advances to help businesses, schools and organizations operate with modern efficiency.
Concentrate Your MSCSIT in Information Technology
The exponential growth of the Internet and accompanying technologies have transformed business forever. The innovative Information Technology concentration is designed to prepare you for the dynamics of today’s data- and technology-focused workplace.
Sacred Heart University’s Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (MSCSIT) degree prepares individuals for leadership roles in the IT industry. The IT program provides a realistic balance between foundational theory and applied hands-on technical courses. Core classes include courses in the following areas: Data Structures, Database Design, Programming Languages, .NET, Networking, Information Analysis and System Design. Electives include Network Security, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security, Advanced Computer Gaming, Mobile Application Development, Data Warehousing, Web Development and Cloud Computing.
Multiple career paths await you.
Information Technology is a booming field. Graduates with an MSCSIT focused on Information Technology can enjoy careers such as:
- Cloud Architect
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Technology Consultant
- Mobile Application Developer
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Software Applications Developer
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Minimum of 36 credit hours of graduate-level coursework
- Additional 6 hours of prerequisite coursework may be required
- Students with an undergraduate degree in Computer of Information Science may receive waivers for some courses
- Course waivers are not granted for work experience
Prerequisite Courses | If required
Required Courses | 30 credits
Elective Courses | 6 credits
The following is a partial list of electives:
- CS 557 ASP.net 3 CR
- CS 559 C# 3 CR
- CS 626 Cybersecurity 3 CR
- Any course listed in requirements which is a choice (e.g. can use CS 617 if not taken as a required class)
Make your mark in Information Technology. Apply for your Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology today.