Francesco Sardo, M.S., M.B.A.
Mr. Sardo joined Sacred Heart University in 2009 as a full-time faculty member and an Instructor in the Computer Science department. Since his arrival at the College of Arts and Sciences, he has been immersed in every aspect of the Computer Science program; from undergraduate computer gaming courses and non-major computer courses, to graduate web development and programming courses, individual undergraduate and graduate mentoring, curriculum development, and even development of summer courses at Sacred Heart University in Luxembourg. In 2013, he created a cross-discipline undergraduate and graduate course titled “CS 170/CS 570 - Introduction to Video Game Production”.
Since 2008, he has been working as an IT consultant for Xavier Berkeley LLC. Xavier Berkeley is a strategic consulting and development firm that develops web applications, web sites, and specific marketing sites. Mr. Sardo’s work includes development of content management systems (CMS) and web presences for corporate clients.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.B.A., Jack Welch College of Business, Sacred Heart University
- M.S.C.I.S., Sacred Heart University
- B.F.A. in Architectural Design, Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Mr. Sardo’s teaching focus is on programming, scripting and markup languages, web applications and design, and game development. He teaches courses in a traditional live campus setting, online, and in blended formats.
Research Interests and Grants
E-commerce, open-source software, cybersecurity, and management of information systems within organizations
Awards and Fellowships
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society, Jack Welch College of Business in 2015
- Outstanding Non-Thesis Master's Project Award in Computer Science and Information Technology award from Sacred Heart University in 2008