Domenick Pinto, M.A., M.S.
, Computer Science and Engineering
Professor Pinto began his teaching career with Sacred Heart University in 1976. He is a member of ACM, SIGCSE, the University Academic Assembly and the Arts and Science College Council. He was chairperson of the Computer Science Department from 1987 to 2016 and was the Director of the School of Computer Science and Engineering from 2016 to 2018. He is also currently the director of both the MSCSIT and the MSCYB graduate programs.
Degrees and Certifications
- B.S., Fairfield University
- M.A., Fordham University
- M.S., Polytechnic University
- Completed doctoral courses at the University of Connecticut
Professor Pinto's teaching focus is on programming and analysis (C++, Visual Basic.net, Data Structures, Algorithms, C, Multimedia Design, and Formal Logic)
Research Interests and Grants
Research in Academic Leadership, Data Structures,Iinformation Technology and Multimedia Design
Awards and Fellowships
- Excellence in Teaching at Sacred Heart University: 1990 and 2012
- Joseph Grau Service Award at Sacred Heart University: 1998
- Excellence in Teaching award at Conference of Teaching and Learning 1997 and 1999
- Invited workshop presenter at the Academic Chairperson’s Conference, the Academic Impressions Workshop and the Conference on Teaching and Learning
Publications and Presentations
Professor Pinto has presented at various national and international conferences including ACM, SIGCSE, Conference on Teaching and Learning, and Educause.