Xin Gao, Ph.D.
Xin Gao joined Sacred Heart University as an Assistant Professor of Finance in 2016. His current research focuses on empirical asset pricing, asset allocation, mutual funds, commodities and financial econometrics. He has won several awards for his research. His latest work has been published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. Xin's primary teaching interests are Investments, Portfolio Management and Derivatives.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Houston
- M.Sc. in Quantitative Finance from Rutgers University
- M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Bristol, UK
- B.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Science and Technology in Beijing, China
- Financial Management
Awards and Fellowships
- Bauer “A Hit” Research Team Award from the University of Houston