Predict—and Shape—the Future of Business
Understand business through the lens of economics as you combine theory and practical application. Prepare to succeed in business, government and law.
Earn your Bachelor of Science in Business Economics
The B.S. in Business Economics provides students with an understanding of the global business environment and market structure. Through the program, you will:
- Acquire the analytical skills needed to investigate and evaluate the economic effects of policy actions at local, state, national and international levels
- Interpret economic events and conditions affecting society
- Understand economic factors that impact individuals
- Learn how economics influences business decision-making
- Explore the role of ethics in economics
Benefit from a combination of theory and practice.
Graduates with a B.S. in Business Economics can pursue careers as:
- Business leader
- Government official
- Business analyst
- Business forecaster
- Financial analyst
- Investment analyst
Graduates might also choose to enter a master’s degree program. Sacred Heart students have been admitted to The University of Connecticut, George Washington University Law School, Suffolk Law School, Fordham University and more.
There are no special admissions requirements. Incoming first-year or transfer students may declare the major upon application.
Additional Program Benefits
- Small class sizes; no more than 32 students
- Prominent faculty consists of internationally recognized scholars and experts with extensive global experience
- Students can pursue research opportunities
- Unique internship program that includes placement opportunities at GE, People’s United Bank, UBS, Bank of America, Bloomberg, Blum Shapiro, PriceWaterhouse Coopers and more
- Opportunity to join the Finance and Economics Club and Rotaract Club
- Opportunity to participate in the Fed Challenge competition and travel to various corporate headquarters and business offices as part of the Welch Experience
- Access to the Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Lab, an experiential learning program that requires students to provide solutions to real-world local business problems
- Access to Bloomberg Terminals and economic data through databases such as Datastream and Compustat
- Study abroad opportunities available
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, which offers innovative programs, an active approach to learning and experiential learning opportunities alongside networking and resume-building opportunities