The Jack Welch College of Business has partnered with the Stamford Chartered Financial Analyst Society (SCFAS) for a unique program intended for aspiring investment professionals. The Investment Management Program (IMP), which was initiated in 2010, adds further distinction to the Sacred Heart University. It provides a platform for the interchange of ideas, networking opportunities and career development for students.
In 2012 the IMP was named to the CFA Institute’s (CFAI) University Recognition Program. This status is earned by only a handful of programs at universities throughout the world. To be included in the CFAI University Recognition Program, all programs must possess a curriculum that follows the topics found on the CFAI Candidate Body of Knowledge.
Other unique features of IMP include the following.
- Students enroll in specific series of courses that address the CFAI Candidate Body of Knowledge.
- The Investment Management Capstone is required. This course includes CFAI Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. The CFAI Ethical Decision Making Workshop is included in this Capstone course.
- Candidates take a mock CFA examination.
- Program members become Associate Members of the SCFAS. They are encouraged to attend SCFAS programs, events, and conferences.
- Successful completion of the IMP prepares the students to take the CFA Level I examination.
- Hear what our students have to say about the program!
For more information, contact:
Bridget Lyons, DPS
Professor of Finance
Ralph Lim, MBA, CFA
Associate Professor of Finance and Economics
The Stamford CFA Society’s mission is to serve and educate the investment community as a forum and resource by providing comprehensive and timely resources enabling members to meet the challenges of the industry while sustaining high standards of professional conduct.