Earn your M.S. in Human Resource Management with WCOB's quality program.
The M.S. in Human Resource Management program at the Welch College of Business prepares you for a successful career in Human Resources with courses that cover Performance Management; Talent Management; HR Analytics; HR Law; and Diversity and Inclusion.
Human Resource Management Benefits:
- With the program starting in the fall and spring, you can complete your degree in one, two, or four years depending upon how many courses you take each term. All courses are offered on-ground, streaming live and online.
- Median annual salary for professionals in Human Resource Management is $110,120*
- There is a 9% projected job growth in Human Resource Management through 2024*
- Graduates from our program have gotten jobs at Stamford Public Schools; Nestle Waters; ITT; Praxair; CNBC; NYU Stern School; Trinity Health Care; Charter Communications; Dannon; Boehringer Ingleheim; Mohegan Holding Company; ShopRite Supermarkets; Spectrum; Barnum Financial; Farmers Insurance; AON; First Country Bank; PepsiCo; FactSet; Timex Group; Cantor Fitzgerald and H&M
- HR Analytics
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- HR Strategy
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Applied orientation with 60% of graduate courses using data from actual companies
- More than a 50-year history of graduating successful business students
- Accredited by both NEASC and AACSB
- 95% of our full-time faculty have doctoral degrees and have collectively worked a total 879 years in the corporate world
Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
At Sacred Heart University, we understand that the cost of graduate school is a significant investment. Tuition information for all our programs is available online. The Office of Student Financial Assistance will work with you to explore all your options and to maximize the financial aid that you are eligible for. Explore our website for our financial aid process, listing of loans and financing options, scholarships, grants and graduate assistantship opportunities.
*According to May 2017 Bureau of Labor Statistics
Latest News & Events
Human Resource Graduate Program Offers Flexibility
March 27, 2019
Starting this fall, students enrolled in Sacred Heart University’s master’s in human resource management program will be able to “attend” class three ways: on campus in the classroom, through a live-stream online or by viewing the pre-recorded class. “Flexibility is key,” said Michael Carriger, assistant professor and director of the human resource management program. “This ‘never-miss-a-class’ course delivery methodology offers students the ultimate in terms of flexibility and convenience while staying true to the University’s mission of delivering quality, challenging and inspiring graduate-level instruction.”
Human Resources Forum: An Alumni Panel Discussion
March 19, 2019
The Center for Career and Professional Development Industry Series presents Human Resources Forum: An Alumni Panel Discussion on Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Martire Forum. Join us for a discussion with professionals currently working in the field of human resources.
In Transformational Move, Sacred Heart University Acquires Former GE Global Headquarters
November 21, 2016
Sacred Heart University has entered into an agreement with General Electric to purchase its 66-acre former global headquarters in Fairfield. “This is a transformational moment in the history of Sacred Heart University,” said SHU President John J. Petillo. “With this property, SHU has a unique opportunity to contribute to education, research, health care and the community. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for us, and it also reflects our long-standing relationship with GE that includes former GE CEO Jack Welch, for whom our College of Business is named.”