Summer 2018 MSFIM Math/Finance Boot Camp
All incoming MSFIM students are encouraged to attend our 3 week Math/Finance boot Camp in August prior to the start of the Fall 2018 semester. This year’s boot camp will provide a refresher in Linear algebra, Statistics and Financial Management. The duration of the Math/Finance Camp is August 13 to August 31, 2018.
Impact the future of finance
Gain the advanced technical training you need to become a leading financial professional, well versed in the latest investment theory, mathematics, statistics and data-intensive analysis.
|Full-time Program Brochure||Part-time Program Brochure|
Earn your Master of Science in Finance & Investment Management (MSFIM)
Finance has evolved, and the discipline now places greater emphasis on quantitative techniques for asset valuation, product development and risk management.
This program incorporates these advanced techniques, enhanced financial theories and cutting-edge practical applications. In the MSFIM, you will:
- Acquire an advanced understanding of investment management theory
- Master valuation, portfolio management and risk management techniques
- Learn how to develop client solutions to investment and risk management issues
- Prepare for the rigorous Chartered Financial Analyst® examination and Financial Risk Management certification
Go beyond a traditional MBA with this STEM-focused Master’s
Take the program full-time and earn your degree in 1.5 years or part-time and earn your degree in 2 years.
Enhance your expertise through case studies, internships, problem-based learning experiences and extensive interaction with practitioners during this unique finance program.
- Study on a trimester schedule
- Complete nine credits each trimester to finish the program in 1.5 calendar years
- Gain hands-on experience in our , which includes the software, hardware and applications used by all financial managers
Gain valuable research and internship experience at some of the world’s leading investment and financial companies
As a Sacred Heart University MSFIM student, you will have access to prestigious internship opportunities at organizations such as:
Advance in investment analysis, wealth management or portfolio management
MSFIM graduates thrive in today’s global marketplace as:
- Asset, private or wealth equity manager
- Chief investment officer
- Commercial lending officer
- Corporate finance officer
- Equity strategist
- Financial analyst
- Financial risk manager
- Hedge fund analyst
- Investment banker
- Investment operations analyst
- Mutual fund manager
- Portfolio manager
Additional Program Benefits
- STEM-focused program offers cutting-edge training in finance and investment management, with a curriculum grounded in rigorous analytics and applied quantitative techniques
- A wide range of that allow you to tailor the MSFIM experience to your specific career goals
- A of distinguished scholars, award-winning teachers and industry veterans who support the success of every student
- Technology program that provides every student with an iPad or tablet preloaded with key course content and software
- Part of SHU’s , a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
- Ideal location 60 minutes outside of New York City
Make your mark in the finance industry. today.
|||Follow our Graduate Students group|
Welch College of Business to Host Spring Research Day
April 10, 2018
The Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) will host the second Research Day of the academic year on Wednesday, April 25, in the Martire Forum at 2 p.m. The College was the first at Sacred Heart University to start this initiative back in 2016. WCOB faculty members will present their current research papers on a variety of topics in poster format. Students, join for this opportunity to learn more about the research of your teachers. Research assistant sign-up forms will be available at the event.
Welch College of Business Makes Princeton Review's Best Business Schools List for 2017
October 7, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. - The Princeton Review has ranked Sacred Heart University's Jack Welch College of Business an outstanding business school once again. The education services company profiles SHU in the new 2017 edition of its annual book, The Best 294 Business Schools.The Princeton Review's survey asked students at the 294 business schools about their school's academics, student body and campus life as well as about themselves and their career plans.
Former Investment Banker Mark Ritter Joins Business College as Executive-in-Residence
October 5, 2016
Fairfield, Conn.— After more than 25 years in investment banking, financial expert Mark Ritter recently took on a new position at Sacred Heart University as executive-in-residence at the Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB). Ritter will assist in teaching and mentoring students who want to pursue careers in finance.