Impact the future of finance
Gain the advanced technical training you need to become a leading financial professional, well versed in the latest investment theory, mathematics, statistics and data-intensive analysis.
|View Program Brochure||金融投资管理硕士宣传手册|
Earn your Master of Science in Finance & Investment Management (MSFIM)
Finance has evolved, and the discipline now places greater emphasis on quantitative techniques for asset valuation, product development and risk management.
This program incorporates these advanced techniques, enhanced financial theories and cutting-edge practical applications. In the MSFIM, you will:
- Acquire an advanced understanding of investment management theory
- Master valuation, portfolio management and risk management techniques
- Learn how to develop client solutions to investment and risk management issues
- Prepare for the rigorous Chartered Financial Analyst® examination and Financial Risk Management certification
Go beyond a traditional MBA with this STEM-focused Master’s – and earn your degree in 1.5 years
Enhance your expertise through case studies, internships, problem-based learning experiences and extensive interaction with practitioners during this unique finance program.
- Study on a trimester schedule
- Complete nine credits each trimester to finish the program in 1.5 calendar years
- Gain hands-on experience in our new trading lab, which includes the software, hardware and applications used by all financial managers
Gain valuable research and internship experience at some of the world’s leading investment and financial companies
As a Sacred Heart University MSFIM student, you will have access to prestigious internship opportunities at organizations such as:
Advance in investment analysis, wealth management or portfolio management
MSFIM graduates thrive in today’s global marketplace as:
- Asset, private or wealth equity manager
- Chief investment officer
- Commercial lending officer
- Corporate finance officer
- Equity strategist
- Financial analyst
- Financial risk manager
- Hedge fund analyst
- Investment banker
- Investment operations analyst
- Mutual fund manager
- Portfolio manager
Additional Program Benefits
- STEM-focused program offers cutting-edge training in finance and investment management, with a curriculum grounded in rigorous analytics and applied quantitative techniques
- A wide range of foundational and elective courses that allow you to tailor the MSFIM experience to your specific career goals
- A faculty of distinguished scholars, award-winning teachers and industry veterans who support the success of every student
- Technology program that provides every student with an iPad or tablet preloaded with key course content and software
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
- Ideal location 60 minutes outside of New York City
Make your mark in the finance industry. Apply for your Master of Science in Finance & Investment Management today.
|||Follow our Graduate Students group|
Business Students Show Their Entrepreneurial Spirit
April 28, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—Two Sacred Heart University students are following their dreams and goals of becoming successful business owners. Alan Ksiazek, 21, owns Twin Tides, an online apparel store, and Graham Welter, 20, co-owns Nantucket Buckets, an online hat store. They balance schoolwork, fraternity duties and sports and still make time to manage their businesses. While they’ve both faced legal struggles and manufacturing issues, neither has felt inclined to give up.
Sacred Heart University Ranks in Bloomberg’s Best Undergraduate Business Schools
April 22, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sacred Heart University’s Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) has once again made Bloomberg’s Best Undergraduate Business Schools ranking. A total of 114 undergraduate business schools were in the rankings released this week by Bloomberg, a global business and financial information leader. Rankings are based off data collected from an employer survey and a student survey. Bloomberg also looks at starting salaries and internships. Nearly 30,000 students and recruiters from 600 companies were surveyed for the listing, according to Bloomberg.
Milford Patch: Town Creates Plan with SHU to Attract New and Growing Businesses
April 13, 2016
Milford Patch: Town Creates Plan with SHU to Attract New and Growing Businesses: Milford’s Economic Development Commission (EDC) has teamed-up with Sacred Heart University students to create messaging, design, and media plans for an enhanced marketing campaign to attract even more businesses to the City. With an increase of businesses moving to Milford in recent years - 394 new businesses last year alone- the City sees huge opportunity.