Earn your M.S. in Finance & Investment Management with WCOB's quality program.
The M.S. in Finance & Investment Management program at the Welch College of Business prepares you for a successful career in Finance and Investment with courses that cover Financial Analysis and equity valuation; Investments; Fixed income securities; Portfolio management; Asset pricing; and Risk Management and Compliance.
Finance and Investment Management Benefits:
- The MSFIM program is full-time; however, we offer a flexible part-time option for working individuals. The part time programs offer convenient meetings on Saturdays during which students take two classes.
- Starting salaries for MSFIM graduates range from $75,000 to $100,000.
- Approximately 98% of our graduates gain employment within a month of graduation.
- Our graduates have gone to work for impressive firms such as: Bridgewater Associates; Lockheed Martin; SCC; IBM; Tudor Investment; BCP Securities; UBS; Morgan Stanley; Lloyds Bank; CBA; and Mizuho.
- We’re also happy to have many of our students go to a number of prestigious institutions to pursue doctoral studies as well.
- Calculus and Linear Algebra
- Quantitative Finance
- Financial Analysis and Firm Valuation
- Portfolio Management
- Applied orientation with 60% of graduate courses using data from actual companies
- More than a 50-year history of graduating successful business students
- Accredited by both NEASC and AACSB
- 95% of our full-time faculty have doctoral degrees and have collectively worked a total 879 years in the corporate world
Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
At Sacred Heart University, we understand that the cost of graduate school is a significant investment. Tuition information for all our programs is available online. The Office of Student Financial Assistance will work with you to explore all your options and to maximize the financial aid that you are eligible for. Explore our website for our financial aid process, listing of loans and financing options, scholarships, grants and graduate assistantship opportunities.
Welch College of Business to Host Spring Research Day
April 10, 2018
The Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) will host the second Research Day of the academic year on Wednesday, April 25, in the Martire Forum at 2 p.m. The College was the first at Sacred Heart University to start this initiative back in 2016. WCOB faculty members will present their current research papers on a variety of topics in poster format. Students, join for this opportunity to learn more about the research of your teachers. Research assistant sign-up forms will be available at the event.
Welch College of Business Makes Princeton Review's Best Business Schools List for 2017
October 7, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. - The Princeton Review has ranked Sacred Heart University's Jack Welch College of Business an outstanding business school once again. The education services company profiles SHU in the new 2017 edition of its annual book, The Best 294 Business Schools.The Princeton Review's survey asked students at the 294 business schools about their school's academics, student body and campus life as well as about themselves and their career plans.
Former Investment Banker Mark Ritter Joins Business College as Executive-in-Residence
October 5, 2016
Fairfield, Conn.— After more than 25 years in investment banking, financial expert Mark Ritter recently took on a new position at Sacred Heart University as executive-in-residence at the Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB). Ritter will assist in teaching and mentoring students who want to pursue careers in finance.