As a general policy, The Jack Welch College of Business requires the GMAT of all applicants. GMAT waiver requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and are based on a combination of advanced academic credentials with a substantial history of professional achievement. Waivers are not automatic for any candidate.
- Those candidates who hold a graduate degree from an accredited institution and who graduated with an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better (or the equivalent of a "B" average under the system used by that institution). This includes terminal degrees such as a J.D., Ph.D. or M.D.
- Those candidates who possess a recognized professional certification such as a CPA, CFA, CMA, CIA or CFP.
- Those candidates who complete a Graduate Business Program Certificate at Sacred Heart University with a minimum grade point average of 3.5.
- Sacred Heart University students who have a 3.2 GPA or better at the end of their junior year (or after) will be eligible for a GMAT waiver.
- Those candidates with 5 or more years of substantive work experience. Factors considered include scale and scope of responsibilities, managerial scope, and accountability for final fiscal or economic results including certification of the work of others and data analysis for clients or employer. A letter from an employer or supervisor detailing specific work responsibilities is required, but may be included in a letter of recommendation.