Earn your M.S. in Accounting with WCOB's quality program.
The M.S. in Accounting program at the Welch College of Business prepares you for a successful career in the field of accounting. Students learn fundamental concepts of accounting, effective accounting methods, and gain knowledge essential to passing the CPA exam. One of the concentrations the program offers is forensic accounting. Students learn how forensic accounting principles can be applied in complex financial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcies, contract disputes, and discover how forensic accounting findings are used in court cases to prosecute white-collar criminals.
M.S. in Accounting Benefits:
- The MSA program is uniquely designed to accommodate both working professionals and accounting students seeking a five-year program to meet the 150 credit hours of education required for the CPA designation.
- The MSA program is offered as a hybrid and cohort learning model. Classes are offered online with once-per-month full-day weekend seminars. The program consists of 30 credits completed in tri-semester format in one year, beginning with the fall semester.
- The median annual salary for Accounting graduates is $69,350*. Specifically for accountants with a master's degree, the typical salary falls somewhere in the range of $52,000 to $135,000.
- Through 2026, business and financial sector is projected to add 750,400 new jobs from 2016 to 2026*
- Graduates from our program have positions at the big four accounting firms, Deloitte, KPMG, EY and PWC and many other public accounting firms and companies in the area.
Coursework features a challenging core curriculum along with business skills and ethics. The courses are designed to helps students pass the four parts of the CPA exam, FAR, Audit, Regulation and BEC.
- Applied orientation with 60% of graduate courses using data from actual companies
- More than a 50-year history of graduating successful business students
- Accredited by both NEASC and AACSB
- 95% of our full-time faculty have doctoral degrees and have collectively worked a total 879 years in the corporate world
Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
At Sacred Heart University, we understand that the cost of graduate school is a significant investment. Tuition information for all our programs is available online. The Office of Student Financial Assistance will work with you to explore all your options and to maximize the financial aid that you are eligible for. Explore our website for our financial aid process, listing of loans and financing options, scholarships, grants and graduate assistantship opportunities.
*According to May 2017 Bureau of Labor Statistics
Latest News & Events
Accounting Graduate Wins Valuation Scholarship
October 15, 2018
Sacred Heart University master’s graduate Vincent Santucci has earned a scholarship from the Connecticut chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). The Connecticut chapter of NACVA established the scholarship fund to assist accounting students who want to become certified public accountants (CPAs) and certified valuation analysts (CVAs). These two professions are related but perform distinct functions: CPAs provide financial audit and tax services, while CVAs determine the value of a business based on its assets, income, cash flow and similar factors.
Two Master's Graduates Receive Scholarship for Dedication to Valuation Field
November 7, 2017
Two graduates who hold master's degrees in accounting (MSA) from Sacred Heart University have received scholarships funded by the Connecticut chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). Chapter representatives from NACVA, Robert Carubia and Roz DeCaprio, presented the awards to SHU graduates Salvatore Dora and Amy Gioco. This is the third consecutive year that Sacred Heart University students have received the scholarship.
SHU to Host CPA Tax School Sessions at Stamford Graduate Center in August
June 21, 2017
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), the world’s largest association representing the accounting profession, will conduct its 2017-18 “Tax School: Tax Staff Essentials” at Sacred Heart University’s Stamford campus in August. For more information, go to aicpa.org.