Impact business as a sought-after critical thinker
Learn to both navigate complex financial transactions and help make strategic business decisions as you prepare to pass the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and compete in a global business environment.
Earn your Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
Today’s global economy, changing regulations and tighter integration across key business functions have created an unprecedented demand for skilled accountants with advanced degrees.
Sacred Heart University’s MSA program develops the professionals that high-powered organizations seek. Through this program, you will:
- Develop critical thinking, analytical and communication skills
- Gain a degree that offers a proven edge in a dynamic job market
- Learn while working full-time – or complete the program as a full-time student
- Earn your degree through SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business — one of only a select few elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
Concentrate your expertise in one of two in-demand fields – Forensic Accounting or International Accounting
- Forensic Accounting examines the principles and techniques used to investigate legal matters involving complex financial transactions—from money laundering and contract disputes, to bankruptcies and securities fraud.
- International Accounting addresses the evolving demands of a global economy and international business environment, including international trade laws and regulations.
Complete the program in as little as one year, in person and online
The program’s unique hybrid format blends online faculty-led discussions with monthly Saturday seminars at our Fairfield, Connecticut campus.
- The one-year program allows students with a bachelor’s degree in accounting to quickly earn your master’s degree.
- The five-year program combines a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree into one accelerated, 150-credit program.
Become an indispensable business leader and strategic thinker
The marketplace is clamoring for highly qualified accountants:
- CPA firms hired 40,350 new accounting graduates in 2012, a 22 percent increase from 2011*
- Nearly 90 percent of public accounting firms estimate maintaining or increasing the number of graduates hired in the upcoming year*
- Employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations**
*American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) 2013 Trends in the Supply of Accounting Graduates and the Demand for Public Accounting Recruits
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Accountants and Auditors
Additional Program Benefits
- On-campus, once-per-month seminars combine expert faculty instruction with a series of lectures from consultants at the forefront of the accounting field
- Unique hybrid format supports full-time working professionals and allows prestigious accounting firms to actively recruit undergraduates
- Experienced faculty members who are established accounting scholars
- Notable guest speakers who provide insights on current and developing topics
- CPA exam preparation, which includes the required 150 hours of study
Make your degree count. Apply for your Master of Science in Accounting today.
Accounting Graduate Wins Valuation Scholarship
October 15, 2018
Sacred Heart University master’s graduate Vincent Santucci has earned a scholarship from the Connecticut chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). The Connecticut chapter of NACVA established the scholarship fund to assist accounting students who want to become certified public accountants (CPAs) and certified valuation analysts (CVAs). These two professions are related but perform distinct functions: CPAs provide financial audit and tax services, while CVAs determine the value of a business based on its assets, income, cash flow and similar factors.
Two Master's Graduates Receive Scholarship for Dedication to Valuation Field
November 7, 2017
Two graduates who hold master's degrees in accounting (MSA) from Sacred Heart University have received scholarships funded by the Connecticut chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). Chapter representatives from NACVA, Robert Carubia and Roz DeCaprio, presented the awards to SHU graduates Salvatore Dora and Amy Gioco. This is the third consecutive year that Sacred Heart University students have received the scholarship.
SHU to Host CPA Tax School Sessions at Stamford Graduate Center in August
June 21, 2017
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), the world’s largest association representing the accounting profession, will conduct its 2017-18 “Tax School: Tax Staff Essentials” at Sacred Heart University’s Stamford campus in August. For more information, go to aicpa.org.