GMAT/GRE waiver requests are considered on a case-by-case basis for graduate programs which require an entrance exam. GMAT/GRE waivers must be approved by the Graduate Program Director and are not automatic for any candidate.
Candidates who meet one of the following criteria are encouraged to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver:
- Those candidates who hold a graduate degree from an accredited institution and who graduated with an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better (or the equivalent of a "B" average under the system used by that institution). This includes terminal degrees such as a J.D., Ph.D. or M.D.
- Those candidates who possess a recognized professional certification such as a CPA, CFA, CMA, CIA, CFP or PMP.
- Candidates who have graduated or will graduate and hold at least a 3.2 GPA from an accredited institution.
- Those candidates with substantive work experience. Factors considered include scale and scope of responsibilities, managerial scope, and accountability for final fiscal or economic results including certification of the work of others and data analysis for clients or employer.
- Those candidates who complete a Graduate Business Program Certificate at Sacred Heart University with a minimum grade point average of 3.2.
Waiver requests should be submitted in writing or via email to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
For Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science in Accounting (MSA):
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
For Master of Science in Digital Marketing (MDM) and Master of Science in Finance and Investment Management (MSFIM):
Paul Rychlik, MS, MBA, PMP
Director of Graduate Admissions