Propel Your Career & Influence Business
Prepare to enrich the business and financial worlds as you expand your qualifications and develop knowledge with direct global business applications.
Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance
Our pioneering program allows you to continue to explore your passions, advance your career opportunities, and enhance your decision-making, leadership and management skills.
Through the DBA degree program, you will:
- Prepare for a highly specialized career in a business or financial institution, consulting firm, government agency or academia
- Acquire advanced knowledge in finance and gain research skills for conducting independent, complex financial projects
- Develop new knowledge through original research
- Gain global perspective on issues related to financial markets and institutions
- Comprehend and appreciate the importance of high ethical standards and values for finance professionals
Gain an attractive qualification that combines research and application
The efficiency of the business industry relies on clever and innovative professionals, specifically those with a DBA. Graduates of this program stand out in a competitive market and achieve leadership positions in:
- Academic institutions
- Financial management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk management
- Regulatory compliance
Enjoy a flexible program structure
This three-year, low-residency program uses a unique student cohort model, hands-on learning laboratories and blended meeting formats to encourage collaboration and networking. The program is designed to accommodate the schedules of working adults.
DBA classes meet at our Martire Business & Communications Center, located on Sacred Heart University's Fairfield, CT campus. The cohort style of this program enables you to:
- Engage in group research projects
- Gain direct access to resources such as the library, the learning (finance) laboratory, research materials, equipment and databases
- Establish networking opportunities with faculty and fellow students
|January 2017: DBA seminar on “Recent
Economic Policies of the European
Commission” presented by Dr. Lucio
Vinhas de Souza – Director of the
European Political Strategy Center of the
Additional Program Benefits
- In-depth coursework that covers extensive quantitative methods and mathematical modeling, global financial markets and institutions, and advanced risk management.
- Development of a specialized, original dissertation research project matching your interests and career aspirations.
- Accomplished, recognized faculty with a record of prestigious scholarship, professional engagement and experience.
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International.
Keep your finger on the pulse of global business and finance. Apply for your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance today.
Professors Find New Passion for Teaching Approach
December 5, 2018
Sacred Heart University’s Khawaja A. Mamun, chair and associate professor of economics and finance, recently partnered with Lisa Dierker at Wesleyan University to bring her innovative teaching method, “Passion-Driven Statistics,” to the Fairfield campus. Mamun’s interest, in fact, resulted in a two-day workshop for SHU’s statistics faculty that took place this fall at the Frank and Marisa Martire Business & Communications Center. Dierker and her Wesleyan associate, Jennifer Rose, led the sessions.
Financial Markets' Volatility and Macroeconomic Uncertainty
December 3, 2018
The Doctor of Business Administration in Finance Program will present "Financial Markets' Volatility and Macroeconomic Uncertainty" on Friday, December 7, at 2 p.m. at Sacred Heart University's West Campus (west building W141), 3135 Easton Turnpike in Fairfield.
Welch College of Business to Host Spring Research Day
April 10, 2018
The Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) will host the second Research Day of the academic year on Wednesday, April 25, in the Martire Forum at 2 p.m. The College was the first at Sacred Heart University to start this initiative back in 2016. WCOB faculty members will present their current research papers on a variety of topics in poster format. Students, join for this opportunity to learn more about the research of your teachers. Research assistant sign-up forms will be available at the event.