The Certification Office assists past, current and prospective students by providing the following services:
- Answer questions about initial certification/licensure, certification/licensure renewal and certification/licensure application processes in Connecticut and for other states.
- Keep the SHU community informed and updated on all matters related to certification/licensure regulations and policies, and provides information and support for the Connecticut certification testing requirements.
- Recommend and process applications for SHU completers of its state-approved initial and advanced educator licensure programs for Connecticut initial educator certification.
- Recommend or verify SHU completers of its state-approved initial and advanced educator licensure programs, for completers applying for out-of-state educator certification/licensure/credential.
- Verify and processes applications for SHU students in its state-approved initial and advanced educator licensure programs for a Connecticut Durational Shortage Area Permit (DSAP).
The Certification Office records and maintains all certification test score records needed for admission into the School of Education and for state certification eligibility.
THE APPLICATION PACKETS MAY BE MAILED OR DROPPED OFF TO YOUR CONTACT PERSON.