The Thomas More Honors Program is home to many of Sacred Heart’s brightest and most committed students. Our mission is to serve as leaders in the intellectual, cultural, and spiritual life of the University. First and second year honors students build a strong and dynamic residential community that collaborates with honors faculty to develop innovative learning experiences outside of the classroom. Through workshops, discussions, unique courses, cultural events, trips, socials and service projects, our students learn how to integrate a deep passion for learning within the greater context of their lives at the University. In the end, our students develop into strong leaders in the life of our campus, and serve as able teachers who foster intellectual curiosity in their peers.
Through participation in the LLC, students will be able to:
- integrate the intellectual, professional, social, service, personal, and spiritual dimensions of their lives, using Thomas More as an example
- extend classroom learning in creative and intellectually stimulating ways outside of the classroom
- apply classroom learning to service and cultural activities in the local community
- develop and execute helpful educational activities or events for members of the SHU and local communities
- showcase their work in public venues
Honors students who are incoming freshmen are automatically enrolled in the Honors LLC. Rising sophomores already in the Honors Program or who are applying to it have the option of applying to live in the Honors LLC.
Freshmen in the Honors LLC are housed in Roncalli Hall, while sophomores are housed in Scholars Commons or other residences.
For more information on the Honors LLC, contact:
Dr. Amanda Moras
For more information on housing, contact:
Director of Residential Life