Students in the Health Science Program or Global Health Minor can take one of three classes at the SHU Dingle Campus during the Summer II Session
Students in the First Professional Degree program attend a two-week intensive 3 credit course at our Dingle, Ireland campus each May. Students will complete medical-surgical clinical hours in an Irish hospital participating in patient care alongside an Irish RN student and RN preceptor.
The course offers:
- Nursing profession and leadership principles for healthcare of the individual, families, communities and global health
- Exploration of complex issues related to cost-effective, safe, quality patient care
- Analysis of inter-cultural communication, the nursing shortage, healthcare systems, and international issues
- A comparative perspective of American and Irish healthcare systems along with complex issues of the Global South
- Collaborative class session with 4th year Irish nursing students
- Interdisciplinary project
- Irish guest lecturers
- Field experiences in Irish hospitals
Leisure activities include:
- Cultural tour through Sleigh Head
- Overnight trip to Killarney
- Historical boat trip tour of the Blasket Islands and the Ring of Kerry
This program is administered through the University's Office of Global Affairs.