- Complete the online graduate application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Sacred Heart University students and alumni of SHU may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf.
- Maintenance of an 3.0 undergraduate, cumulative GPA
- Earned a C or higher in a College-level Introductory Psychology or Sociology course
- Earned a C or higher in a College-level Statistics course
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current Resume
- One to two page essay stating why you are pursuing a career in public health, and what you hope to do with an MPH degree.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all required application materials have been received in the Office of Graduate Admissions.
The Public Health program at Sacred Heart University requires students to complete the following prerequisite coursework:
- Introductory Psychology or Sociology (3 CR)
- Statistics/Psychological Statistics/Biostatistics (3 CR)
Senior Associate Director of Graduate Admissions