Promoting undergraduate research is an integral part of Sacred Heart University’s strategic plan. The Undergraduate Research Initiative Committee (URI) supports undergraduate research by awarding funding to students involved in University research. Students in the College of Arts and Sciences interested in conducting research with a Sacred Heart University faculty member are eligible to apply for funding to purchase research materials and attend conferences or research related activities.
We encourage students of all disciplines to take advantage of these opportunities. In the past we have funded applications from students in biology, chemistry, computer science, english, history, math, media studies, psychology, social work and sociology. The URI committee urges faculty members to encourage students to apply.
URI Committee Members 2017 - 2018
- Bernadette Boyle | Mathematics
- Cenk Erdil | Computer Science - Spring Semester
- Linda Farber | Chemistry
- June-Ann Greeley | Religious Studies
- Richard Magee | English
- Keri Matthews | Computer Science
- Dawn Melzer, Committee Chair | Psychology
- Jason Molitierno | Mathematics
- Patrick Morris | Criminal Justice - Fall Semester
- Victoria Osborne | Social Work
- Thomas Terleph | Biology
- Dave Thomson | History