Christopher Kelly, Ph.D.
Associate Professor / Chair
Dr. Kelly earned his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa, and his BA, MA in Religious Studies from the University of South Florida.
Professor Kelly's general area of expertise is Historical Theology/Church History (Christian late antiquity/early Middle Ages). His particular academic interests are in the development of Christian monasticism, particularly as it migrates from East to West. He also has interests in pedagogy, specifically with respect to the Catholic Intellectual Tradition.
Professor Kelly is a very popular and in-demand professor at SHU. He is well known for his vibrant and engaging teaching style and is a die-hard Detroit Red Wings fan.
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD from the University of Iowa
- BA and MA in Religious Studies from the University of South Florida
- Introduction to the Study of Religion
- The Human Search for Truth, Justice, and the Common Good
- The Development of Christian Thought
- Monks, Hermits, and Warriors
- Celtic Religious Traditions