Thomas Curran, Ph.D.
Prior to coming to Sacred Heart in 1986, he taught at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (King's Point), Fordham University, and Lehman College (CUNY). Dr. Curran is a member of the American Historical Association, the Association for Asian Studies, the History of Education Society, and Phi Alpha Theta.
Degrees and Certifications
- BA from the University of Delaware(1974)
- MA, MPhil, and PhD degrees from Columbia University (1978, '80, and '86)
Chinese and Japanese history and culture and the history of the Vietnam War
Research Interests and Grants
Early 20th century Chinese educational and social history
Awards and Fellowships
- Faculty Scholarship Award, Sacred Heart University, 2006
- Faculty Scholarship Award, Sacred Heart University, 1993
- Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award, Sacred Heart University, 1992