- Identify and understand the significance of major American and British literary works.
- Write clear, strong academic essays.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the social, historical, religious, and political contexts of American, British and Global literature.
- Analyze literary and critical texts that raise issues and questions of social justice, values, meaning, races, class, gender, ethnicity, global and cultural diversity.
- Analyze and interpret texts from different literary perspectives and critical theories.