Benjamin Alper, Ph.D.
Degrees and Certifications
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Biochemistry, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (2012)
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia (2009)
- B.S. in Chemistry, B.A. in Economics, Clemson University (2004)
- CH 341 Biochemistry 1
- CH 342 Biochemistry 2
- CH 343 Biochemistry 1 Lab
- CH 344 Biochemistry 2 Lab
Research Interests and Grants
Cerebral accumulation of plaques made up of neurotoxic amyloid beta peptides is a primary event in Alzheimer's disease pathology. We are developing methods to disrupt amyloid plaque formation, and to promote destruction of neurotoxic amyloid beta peptides.
For more information, visit Dr. Alper's research website at http://www.thealperlab.com