Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to bring?
- Bedding supplies (sheets, pillow, pillow case), personal hygiene supplies, fan, desk lamp
- Clothing: casual and appropriate summer clothing; clothing for fun activities (games, sports), comfortable and appropriate shoes; rain gear; sunscreen for outdoor fun activities.
- Cell phones are not permitted to be used during any activity
- Electronic items (laptops, earphones, etc.) may only be used during the evening and free time
- What are the fun activities?
Sacred Heart University’s campus is sprawling and a beautiful place to ‘hang out’ with friends. Games and sports activities (volleyball, basketball, wiffle ball) will be planned and held on campus. Indoor game room and activity rooms are available to meet and share fun with friends. Off campus activities could include bowling, the “ropes’ at Discovery Museum and an indoor trampoline park.
- Can I room with a friend?
Yes! On the application form just indicate the name of the peer you want for your roommate. Friends and groups are encouraged to apply together.
- How will I know if I am accepted into the Institute?
The application deadline is May 1st. Only 24 high school students can be accepted. The Leadership Team will review the applications and then notification of acceptance will be made by May 25, 2018. A waitlist of applicants will also be developed in case some students who are accepted cannot attend.