SHU’s convenient Fairfield, CT, location makes traveling to and from the campus simple! From our campus, you can jump on a MetroNorth or Amtrak train, take the ferry to Long Island or grab a bus to another destination. The University is also located in close proximity to several major airports, making any long distance travel a breeze.
Wherever and whenever you need to travel, getting to and from SHU couldn't be easier!
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
From Merritt Parkway (Route 15 North or South):
Exit 47. At end of ramp, turn left onto Park Avenue. Proceed 1.5 blocks to Sacred Heart University. Entrance on Park Avenue.
From Connecticut Turnpike (1-95) North or South:
Exit 27A: Continue straight ahead on combined Routes 8 and 25 to fork. Bear left onto Route 25. Take Exit 7, Merritt Parkway South to Exit 47. At end of ramp, turn left onto Park Avenue. Proceed 1.5 blocks to Sacred Heart University. Entrance on Park Avenue.
- Bradley International Airport (BDL), Hartford, CT
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Queens, NY
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWK), Newark, NJ
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Queens, NY
- Westchester County Airport (HPN), White Plains, NY
- Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN), New Haven, CT
- Port Jefferson/Bridgeport Ferry (to and from Long Island)
- Connecticut Limo (to and from airports)
- Prime Time Shuttle (to and from airports)
SHU Shuttle Service
The Shuttle Service serves as free campus transportation for students, operating seven days a week, from campus to off-campus University Housing sites and selected service sites. The shuttle runs on a pre-determined schedule, much like public transportation. For routes, schedules and information, please call 203-371-7913 or visit the shuttle service website.
Catch the train at the Bridgeport train station.
- Metro-North (to and from NYC)
SHU is on the New Haven Line. The Bridgeport Station is the closest to campus.
- Yellow Cab: 203-334-2121
- Metro Taxi: 203-333-3333