New England Commission of Higher Education | NECHE
Sacred Heart University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by Commission indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Commission is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact: New England Commission of Higher Education, 3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4514 (781) 425 7785 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, several University programs either have received specialized accreditation or approval by the State of Connecticut, or have been granted specialized accreditation by national professional organizations:
- Jack Welch College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International)
- In October, 2018, the Isabelle Farrington College of Education was recognized for national excellence in educator preparation by meeting rigorous CAEP national accreditation standards. Programs with the Sacred Heart University’s Isabelle Farrington College of Education are approved by the Connecticut State Department of Education.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Sacred Heart University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Master of Social Work and Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- English Language Institute is accredited with CEA, Commission on English Language Program Accreditation and with AAIEP, American Association for Intensive English Language Programs