Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does SHU have Summer Send-Offs?
- Connect new SHU families to other incoming students and parents
- Connect SHU families within a geographic region
- Allow new SHU students and parents to hear advice and insight from current SHU students and parents
- Allow incoming families to ask SHU faculty and staff any remaining questions prior to move-in day
- Who should attend these events?
These events are for new SHU families. This consists incoming freshman and transfer students that are entering their first year at SHU, as well as their parents and siblings.
- Is there a cost for these events?
There is no cost for these events.
- There is no address listed for the event, how do I know where to go?
When you register your family for a reception, a confirmation email will be sent containing the event address and other details.
- Is there food served at the reception?
Refreshments are provided at each reception by the Parent Council hosts.
- Why can’t I register more than four attendees?
Each reception has a capacity limit as they are being held at the homes of SHU Parent Council members. In an effort to allow as many families to attend as possible, the registration limit has been capped at four guests per family.
- The Summer Send-Off I wanted to attend has reached full capacity. What do I do now?
When a reception reaches full capacity, online registration will close and you will be directed to send an email to be added to a waiting list. As the reception date draws near, sometimes registered families cancel for other obligations and families on the waiting list will be notified.