Sacred Heart University is concerned about the privacy of our student patient’s health care information. Our intent is to make you aware of the possible uses and disclosures of your protected health information (PHI) and your privacy rights. The delivery of your healthcare service will in no way be conditioned upon your signed acknowledgment of this policy. If you decline to provide a signed acknowledgment, we will continue to provide your treatment, and will use and disclose your protected health information (PHI) for treatment, healthcare operations, and referrals when necessary. Your health care records will not be released without your permission.
Examples of when student PHI may be shared:
- Prescriptions to pharmacy
- Referrals to other health care providers off campus
- Referrals to follow up with the Athletic department for Athletic Training services
- Referrals to the Dean’s office for assistance with academic concerns related to your health
- Referrals to the Jandrisevits Learning Center (JLC) for assistance with Special Learning Services
- Communication with Residential Life when necessary regarding concerns related to student health or in an Outbreak situation