1. Work up a sweat at the Pitt
2. Watch your favorite must-see TV shows with your roommates
3. Go ice skating at Wonderland of Ice or catch a hockey game!
4. Decorate your room for the holidays
5. Grab your friends and get a bite to eat at the diner on Main Street
6. Go to the plays on Broadway in NYC – on your own or through Student Activities
7. Lace up your running shoes and go for a run
8. Laugh, cry or scream? Go to the movies and escape for a while. Fairfield Community Theatre is super cheap!
9. Hang out and relax with friends at Holy Grounds (first building of CWC)
10. Perfect your pool shark skills in Hawley Lounge
11. Go to the mall and window shop
12. Get a job so you don’t have to just window shop
13. Cool shoes. Go bowling at Nutmeg Bowl
14. Participate in a Habitat for Humanity Work Day – look for their e-mails
15) Rent some movies from Redbox and have a movie marathon, complete with popcorn
16. Expand your horizons – go to one of the many cultural and international events on campus
17. Check out a Sound Tigers or Bridgeport Bluefish game at Harbor yard in Bridgeport
18. Join a Club or Organization and meet people who share your interests
19. Give that physics text book a break and read to little kids instead. Participate in a Read- A- Loud Day at a Bridgeport School with the Service Learning Office
20. Play cards or board games with friends
21. Go for a walk and kick through the fall leaves
22. Bring out your inner interior designer and rearrange your room
23. Pick up some new moves - go see a dance recital on campus
24. Bake something yummy
25. Go to Penfield Beach for an afternoon to take a break from the campus scene
26. Go to Bingo on campus – they have some seriously big prizes
27. Check out a theatrical or musical performance at the Edgerton. Most shows are free or totally affordable on a student budget
28. Go pumpkin picking at Jones Farm in Shelton
29. Find a haunted hayride/corn maze/house in the month of October...just Google and pick the scariest one!
30. Missing your pet? Go see some other animals; the Beardsley Zoo is right in Bridgeport
31. Take a trip to New Haven, a great college town
32. Get out the plastic and hit the outlets in Clinton or Westbrook (buses through Student Activities will take you during the holiday season)
33. Go food shopping and stock up on some goodies
34. Take a study break and share a sundae at Friendly’s
35. Go for a hike and enjoy the amazing fall weather in New England
36. Check out the new Starbucks Café at the library for a cup-a-joe and a little quiet conversation
37. Pamper yourself and go get your nails done
38. Work on your spike & hook shot - play beach volleyball or basketball outside the dorms
39. Nothing beats a good laugh. Check out one of the comedians sponsored by Student Activities...daily events!
40. Hang out with Big Red - attend an athletic game and cheer on your Pioneers!
41. Be the Mickelson...go to the driving range and work on your swing...
42. Black Rock Turnpike: A really popular area with many restaurants and shops. Check the SHUttle schedule for info
43. Colony Grill: Share a pie or a pizza, depending on where you’re from
44. Discovery Museum: Less than a quarter of a mile from SHU down Park Avenue
45. Check out the concerts at Harbor Yard or Mohegan Sun
46. Trip to Boston: Roughly 2 hours’ drive from SHU. Take the SHUttle to the transit system in downtown Bridgeport and plan your trip!
47. Mr. SHU (spring semester): Very popular event on campus. Get your guy friends to participate and go cheer them on (IT’S FREE FOR SHU STUDENTS!)
48. SHUidol: Try out for SHUidol yourself or support your friends week after week!
49) Grab some friends and play basketball behind Merton
50. Jennings Beach is a local favorite
51. Head out to the quad or a local park to play Frisbee or football
52. Be adventurous - cook for your roommates
53. Play video games or enter a tournament at Hawley Lounge
54. Get your yogurt on: Head over to Pinkberry or Sixteen Handles
55. Take the shuttle to Main Street and head across the street from Stop n Shop to get some great Italian food at Mario the Baker
56. Go watch the Yankees, Red Sox, Pats, Jets or Giants & grab the best wings in town at Archie Moore’s
57. Take a ride over to Barnes and Noble in Westport to browse, read a book and grab a cup of coffee
58. Check out the waterfront atmosphere, great restaurants and shops of SoNo (South Norwalk)
59. Host a poker tournament with your friends
60. Volunteer through the Service Learning Office and work in the local schools, soup kitchens, elderly homes, or through city clean-up programs. There are so many people who need your help!
61. Looking for a thrill? Head out to an amusement park – Lake Compounce or Six Flags New England
62. Make a new playlist of your favorite songs
63. Check out the great vibe & live music at Las Vetas Lounge, 27 Unquowa Road in Fairfield
64. Go get a new hairstyle
65. Join a dance, exercise, yoga, or martial arts class
66. Be creative. Paint a picture or write a poem
67. Is your closet a scary place? Sort through your stuff and donate clothes to Goodwill
68. Participate in a benefit walk for your favorite cause
69. Plan this year’s Halloween costume
70. Talk to your RA! They are always busy planning programs for their residents
71. Larger than Life - check out the Imax Theater at the Norwalk Aquarium
72. Tie dye shirts – an old school college tradition
73. Have a water balloon fight while the weather is still warm
74. Invite a friend from home to come visit you at SHU for the weekend
75. Create a scavenger hunt
76. Watch your favorite movie and quote your favorite lines
77. Make a memory book/scrap book of your favorite photos
78. Smoothie heaven – Robecks.
79. Get your groove on - attend a concert at SHU
80. Have a salon night in your suite – be brave & dye your hair!
81. View the Human Journey Art Collection and see the beautiful works of art displayed across campus
82. Check out some of the great guest speakers that come to SHU
83. Put down the Ramen noodles & head out to the Chef’s Table – a SHU favorite.
84. Go bargain hunting at Marshall’s- on Main Street on the right past Stop and Shop
85. The Big E – the biggest fair in the Northeast – is here until September 30th!
86. Treat yourself to a massage – Massage Envy has some good deals!
87. Have a picnic- pack some sandwiches, drinks and a blanket and head out to your favorite patch of grass to enjoy a beautiful day
88. Read the Spectrum (SHU newspaper)- found all over the academic building and in the library
89. Our all-time favorite - take a nap
100. Walk around downtown Westport, a gorgeous spot right on the water
101. Is your room or apartment looking a little pathetic? Head to IKEA in New Haven to do a little redecorating.
Compiled by your s.w.e.e.t. (student wellness education & empowerment team) Peer Educators