The Upward Bound Program is in the process of hiring tutors in the following areas:
- Math – Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, and Trigonometry
- Science – Physical, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- History - U.S. and European
- Foreign Language - Spanish, French and Chinese
Tutors will work with students from Bridgeport high schools. Tutorial sessions take place at the respective schools from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm once a week, or bi-monthly on Saturdays from 9 am to 12 noon on the SHU main campus. Some students may need assistance more than once a week, especially before midterms or finals. Target schools are Bassick, Bridge Academy, Central, Harding and Fairchild Wheeler, all located in Bridgeport.
Tutors may have more than one student assigned to them per session. Rate of pay $15 per hour.
- A copy of current transcript, applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA in tutorial subject matter.
- A letter of recommendation which may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have your own transportation.
- Must attend training (1 hour) for Sexual Misconduct Prevention
Interested in becoming an Upward Bound tutor?
Complete an online application and submit your current transcript and letter of recommendation to Emma Sanchez, Assistant Director of Upward Bound. You may email the transcript and letter of recommendation or drop them off at the Upward Bound offices which are located at 101 Oakview Drive, 1st floor past the café. If you have any questions, contact Emma at email@example.com.