Students must be enrolled in a payment plan, paid in full and/or covered by Student Financial Assistance to attend a semester. If accounts are not paid to date, classes are subject to cancellation on a date determined by the University. Sacred Heart University requires that a student’s account must be current for the student’s SHU ID card to be activated. Students’ accounts that are not paid will be restricted from adding or dropping classes. The following options are offered to Sacred Heart University Full-Time Undergraduate students.
Full-time Undergraduate Students not enrolled in a payment plan must pay their account in full by:
- Fall semester: Payment in full is due July 1
- Spring semester: Payment in full is due December 1
- Winter & Spring Intensive semesters: Due upon registration
- Late Spring & Summer 1 semester: Payment in full is due April 24
- Summer semester 2: Payment in full is due June 1
- After due date: Payment is due at the time of registration. When payment is not received by the due date, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
Option 1: Online Pay in Full
- Information regarding accessing your account online
- To review your account activity, make a one-time payment or enroll in the installment payment plan using a checking or savings bank account: Access your online student account here
- International Students, review your payment options
Option 2: Check or Cash Pay in Full
If no payment plan (see Option 3 below) is elected, a bill will be issued for full payment. Billing statements are issued monthly and are available by logging in to the student's account. By request, paper statements can be mailed to the home address recorded with the University Registrar's Office.
- Accounts can be paid via mail by check only. Mail payments to Sacred Heart University, Attn: Office of the Cashier, 5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 06825
- Cash payments can be made in person at the Fairfield campus Cashier’s Office.
- International Students, review your payment options
- Credit Cards are not an accepted form of payment.
If you are not enrolled in a payment plan or paid in full by the due date per the pay in full schedule above, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
Option 3: Monthly Online Installment Payment Plan
The Monthly Online Installment Payment Plan schedules an automatic electronic transfer of funds from your checking/savings (USD) account directly to Sacred Heart University. CHANGES FOR 2017/2018 NOTED BELOW
- All prior terms must be paid in full to enroll
- Monthly Payment Plans are administered by Sacred Heart University.
- Enrollment benefits:
- More time to pay your semester's balance by deferment of payments
- Avoid interest
- Scheduled auto-pay payments allows for automatic payment to be deducted from your bank account (ACH checking/savings), ensuring all payment due dates are met
- Estimated Financial Aid funding is taken into consideration to reduce outstanding balance
- Monthly Payment Plans are NOT available for Late Spring and Summer.
- To enroll, log in to your student account here
- $250 Minimum payment plan amount required
- If you are not enrolled in a payment plan or paid in full by the due date, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
Spring 2018 Payment Plan Schedule:
Number of Payments
Payment Due Dates
November 21 – November 29, 2017
November 30 - December 30, 2017
1st payment due at time of enrollment
December 31, 2017 – January 30, 2018
Total of 1st and 2nd payment due at time of enrollment
Payment Plan enrollment closes January 30, 2018 for the Spring 2018 semester
- Payment Plan Adjustments: Effective Fall 2017, All plan adjustments will be updated automatically, notifications will be emailed monthly prior to payment due date.
- Limits to Payment Plan Enrollment: Only one payment plan is permitted per student, per semester. Installment Payment Plans are only offered for the Fall and Spring semesters. Amount of plan must be equal to or greater than $250.
- Late Enrollment: When enrolling into the plan after the first payment due date (07/01/2017), the missed payment(s) will be required to be paid upon enrollment.
- Fees: The Payment Plan processing fee is $65 per semester. There are no fees for payments made via checking or savings.
- Payment Options: Credit cards are not a payment option. Payments are automatically debited from checking or savings bank account only. (USD)
- Financial Aid: Students receiving financial aid are responsible for paying the portion not covered by pre-credited aid according to the payment plan elected. The scheduled payment amounts will adjust according to changes to financial aid resources.
- Late Fees: If there is no enrollment in a payment plan or payment in full is not received by the pay in full due date, a late fee will be assessed at the rate of .75% per month on the unpaid balance (annual rate of 9%), such charge to be computed from the due date.
- Winter, Late Spring & Summer Sessions: There are no monthly payment plans available for these sessions. All prior terms must be paid in full in order to enroll in the payment plan.
- Scheduled Payments: If cancellation of the scheduled payment is elected, this will result in an automatic cancellation of the payment plan.
- Failed Payments: If the Monthly Online Installment Payment Plan payment fails or is not received in compliance with the payment plan due date, the agreement will be canceled. The University reserves the right to prohibit participation in this payment option due to failed payments.
The University may elect not to have online financial services available during specific times.