Full-Time Undergraduate Students
All Full-Time Undergraduate Students must have health insurance and will be automatically enrolled in the University Health Insurance Program. Students with proof of comparable Health Insurance coverage within the State of Connecticut, may waive out of the University Health Insurance Program. The review of this requirement is completed on an annual basis.
Requests for waiver for Spring 2017 are accepted: December 8, 2016 through February 17, 2017 only. The cost is $1,168 for the health insurance coverage period of January 17, 2017 through August 14, 2017.
Students may elect to activate the University Health Insurance Program prior to automatic enrollment. To obtain the new health insurance card, please log on to www.gallagherstudent.com/SHU , then select "I want to Enroll.".
How to waive/activate the health insurance program:
- Website: www.gallagherstudent.com/SHU
- Under the "Student Access" menu on the left side of screen, click on "Full-Time Undergraduate Student Waive/Enroll"
- To Waive: Select "I want to Waive"
- To Activate: Select "I want to Enroll"
- User name is your SHU email address, ex: email@example.com
- Initial Password is your SHU student ID 6-digit number with 3 lead zeros (ex: 000712345), for a total of 9 digits
- You will then be prompted to create a unique password
- NOTE: Once you have created your “unique” password, it will be used for the annual process to waive/enroll, as applicable.
- Complete the information on the next two screens
- Click submit
- IMPORTANT: Print or save your confirmation page as record of waiver/activation request.
*Failure to waive out of the Health Insurance Program will result in automatic enrollment and billed the cost of $1,168 for Spring 2017.
REQUEST FOR WAIVER or CONTINUED ENROLLMENT WILL BE REQUIRED ANNUALLY.