Participation in the Health Insurance Program is mandatory for all Full-Time Undergraduate Students (unless you have comparable proof of Health Insurance within the State of CT) you may waive out of the Program. Wavier deadline is September 6, 2014. Cost for the 2014/2015 Academic Year is $1,483.
Student Health Insurance is optional for Part-Time Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students. If you wish to enroll you must call 877-368-1827 to speak to a Gallagher Koster customer service representative. Cost for the 2014/2015 Academic Year is $1,713.
If you wish to waive the health insurance program:
- Under the "Student Access" menu on the left side of screen, click on "Student Waive"
- User name is your SHU email address,
- ex: email@example.com)
- Password is your SHU student ID 6-digit number with 3 lead zeroes (ex: 000712345), for a total of 9 digits
- Complete the information on the next two screens
- Click submit
- Be sure you print or save your confirmation page
Failure to waive out of the Health Insurance Program will result in automatic enrollment and billed the cost of $1,483 for the Academic Year 2014 - 2015.