Participation in the Health Insurance Program is mandatory for all Full-Time Undergraduate Students UNLESS you have comparable proof of Health Insurance within the State of CT. THEN you may waive out of the Program. Wavier deadline is September 13, 2013. Cost for the 2013/2014 Academic Year is $1,290.
Submitted waivers are subject to a comprehensive audit process to validate comparable and active coverage in the plan that is declared on the waiver submission form.
Student Health Insurance is optional for Part-Time Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students. If you wish to enroll you must call 877-368-1827 to speak to a Gallagher Koster customer service representative. Cost for the 2013/2014 Academic Year is $1,570.
If you wish to waive the health insurance program:
- Under the "Student Access" menu on the left side of screen, click on "Student Waive"
- User name is your SHU email address, without "mail" (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password is your SHU student ID 6-digit number with 3 lead zeroes (ex: 000712345), for a total of 9 digits
- Complete the information on the next two screens
- Click submit
- Be sure you print or save your confirmation page
Failure to waive out of the Health Insurance Program will result in automatic enrollment and billed the cost of $1,290 for the Academic Year 2013 - 2014.