Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, you can view your Student Account Activity.

You can make payments online on the Student Accounts website.

Yes, payment plans are only available for the Fall and Spring.

To increase or decrease your payment plan amount, fill out the status change form. Fax the completed form to Student Accounts at 203-365-7536.  This form must be submitted to Student Accounts at least 5 business days before the date that funds are scheduled to be withdrawn.

There are no monthly payment plans available during Summer or Intensive Semesters.

View the payment schedule.

View the payment schedule.

Go to the Meal Plan Online Enrollment website.

Be sure to print and keep a copy of your waiver or enrollment confirmation number. Go to https://www.gallagherkoster.com/SHU.

You must waive out of Student Health Insurance by September 14.

You can mail a check to the Cashier’s Office. Please indicate the student I.D. number on the check. Or you can pay in person at the Cashier's Window.

Billing Statements are mailed the second week of the month to the address on file. You can request a statement. Please call Student Accounts at 203-371-7925, or you can pick up the statement at the Student Accounts Office located at SC100.

Your account must be paid to register for subsequent semesters, request a transcript, employer educational verification and or a diploma.

A late charge will be accessed at .75% per month on the past due balance (annual rate 9%).

For value received, the Registered Student promises to pay to the order of Sacred Heart University all tuition and fees stated in the conditions of your registration agreement and if applicable the housing, meal plan and fees, hereafter called the principal. In the event a payment is received later than the due date, your payment plan is subject to cancellation. Should any outstanding balance be referred to a credit or collection agency for collection, the signer of this note acknowledges that this may affect signers credit rating. Should suit be brought to recover this note, or should the same be placed in the hands of an attorney for collection, the maker(s) of this note promise to pay holder's attorney fee, an amount equal to 15% of the principal amount owing hereon but in no event less than $50 in addition to the amount found owing hereon. In addition the University will not release grades, transcripts, diplomas, employer verification or allow a student to register for subsequent terms with a delinquent balance. The applicant hereby certifies that this Agreement was entered into and executed in the State of Connecticut.

Students are required to request refunds - please contact Student Accounts Office at 203-371-7925 or submit your request in writing to the Student Accounts office SC100.

Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825-1000
Attn: Cashier’s Office

Sacred Heart University is pleased to present the Tuition Refund Plan as an option for Full Time Undergraduate students and parents. This Plan significantly extends and enhances the University’s published refund policy. You are assured of a 100% refund throughout the term (60% maximum benefit through TRP if the withdrawal is due to a mental health condition) even after the University’s policy has expired. This is especially beneficial when you are forced to withdraw and then return for a later term. This plan is not underwritten by Sacred Heart University.

For your convenience, you may also visit the website below for information or to apply online. Questions regarding the Plan should be addressed to A.W.G. Dewar at (617) 774-1555