Wendy Romney, PT, DPT, NCS
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Examination and treatment of patients with neurological dysfunction
- Use of rehabilitation technology in treatment of patients with neurological dysfunction
- Outcome measure use in patients with spinal cord injury
Wendy joined Sacred Heart University in August 2011 as a Clinical Assistant Professor with prior clinical experience in acute rehabilitation and outpatient neurological rehabilitation. In 2010, she became a neurological certified specialist (NCS) by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists. She continues to practice in the faculty practice as well as in two local hospitals in CT (Gaylord Specialty Care, Wallingford, CT and Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital, Hartford, CT). She is a board member of the Connecticut Physical Therapy Association and a member of the Neurologic, Acute and Education sections in the American Physical Therapy Association. She has presented at the state and national level in topics of physical therapy.
Degrees and Certifications
- DPT, Ithaca College
- MSPT, Ithaca College
- BS, Clinical Science, Ithaca College
- PhD candidate in Health Science at Rutgers University
- Neurologic Certified Specialist
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training
- Physical Therapy Management of Patients with Medically Complex Issues
- Physical Therapy Management of Patients with Neurological Dysfunction
- Neurologic rehabilitation
- Amputation and prosthetics
- Spinal cord injury
Research Interests & Grants
- Treatment of patients with spinal cord injury and multiple sclerosis.
- Knowledge Translation.
- Translating evidence into practice.
- 2015 Ellen Ross Memorial Scholarship
- 2014 Academics for Creative Teaching Grant. Sacred Heart University
- 2014 Interdisciplinary Scholarship. Sacred Heart University
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- 2015 Pre-doctoral fellowship, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
- 2014 Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
- 2012 Emerging Leader Award, American Physical Therapy Association