Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I find what courses are available during the winter at Sacred Heart University?
For a complete list of available courses visit WebAdvisor.
- Will these courses transfer to the college or university in which I am currently enrolled?
Visiting students are responsible for making sure that they have completed the prerequisites for any course and check with their home institution that they will accept the credits.
- How much is tuition for a Winter Intersession class?
$600 per credit
- Will I need to complete an application and provide any other sort of documentation in order to enroll in winter courses?
Visiting students do not need to apply for admissions. You are required to fill out Visiting Student Form.
- Will additional courses be added if popular courses are full?
Yes, we will be monitoring waitlists and will make recommendations to the departments to add additional sections.
- Do Winter Intersession courses have papers, exams or multiple exams?
Students are advised to check syllabi and complete any pre-requisites before the first class.
- If I do not like the class may I drop/withdraw with no negative implications?
Students should see refund information for financial implications.
- What is the withdrawal policy for the winter sessions?
Intensive terms (for all students) - including Winter and Summer
- 100% Before start of 1st class
- 0% Once class begins
Please see the student account website for more information.
- As a visiting student in the winter will I need to set-up a Sacred Heart University email address and network account?
Yes, all official correspondence is sent to SHU email addresses.
- How do I pay for the course?
Once you are registered, you may pay online or contact Student Accounts at 203-371-7925 for additional options.
- Is financial aid available for winter courses?
Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid, but current, part-time matriculating students may be eligible.
- Do I need a parking sticker over the winter?
Yes winter students need to obtain a decal. They may purchase the decal at the student accounts department.
For more information, contact: