Please take a moment to review the inclement weather cancellation/delay policy.
|Important Information||Text Message Alerts |
HELPFUL LINKS CAMPUS INFORMATION
Sacred Heart University has implemented an Emergency Notification system comprised of multiple technology layers for all members of the University community. This system requires that each student, faculty and staff member(s) provide emergency contact information. This information will be protected and held confidential, for use only by this emergency notification system.
To the University Community:
Our Emergency Management team has been monitoring the weather forecast in advance of the projected adverse conditions for tomorrow morning February 2, 2015. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Connecticut. Based on our assessment, SHU will have a delayed 10:00 a.m. opening at all locations for all classes and university offices. We are continuing to monitor conditions and any further decision will be announced tomorrow morning.
Employees – Essential services personnel please report at regular scheduled times. All other university employees please report by 10:00 a.m. for all offices.
Students – Please prepare for the storm by having a battery powered radio, charge cell phone and laptop, notify family members in advance of the storm where and how you can be reached. Have water, nonperishable foods, and prescribed medications. Once the storm begins we are asking students to stay-in-place at residential facilities until the storm has ended.
Shuttles – The student and employee shuttles will commence operating at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.
SHU Communication Methods:
· CAMPUS EMERGENCY CALL ¬ (203) 371-7911 or (203) 374-9352 / NON-Emergency ¬ (203) 371-7995 and for Local Police & Fire call – 911
· SHU website will have updated campus status reports.
· SHU Information Line at: (203) 365-7669 for updates.
· SHU Public Safety may deploy the text message Emergency Alert System.
· For latest delay and closing information, visit: http://www.sacredheart.edu/officesservices/publicsafety/inclementweather/
· Follow SHU on Facebook and Twitter for timely updates.
· Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/#!/SacredHeartUniversity
· Twitter - @sacredheartuniv
SHU Teams from public safety, campus operations, Chartwell¹s dining services, residential life, athletics, academic affairs, student union, and many others are working together to ensure that we are prepared. Additional updates on university services and conditions will be sent.