The JLC is now offering an ONLINE WRITING LAB (OWL) service for students who wish to have their papers reviewed online by faculty tutors. This service is a convenient alternative to our more traditional approach to working with students in a typical 45 minute one-to-one tutorial at the Learning Center.
JLC OWL ONLINE WRITING LAB GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
1. Download a copy of the to your desktop so that you can easily access it each time you submit a paper.
2. Complete the entire form. In order for us to respond to your paper, it is ESSENTIAL that you provide all the information requested on the form.
3. Save a copy of the paper to be reviewed. Use your last name and date submitted as the name of the document (example: smith_02_06_05).
4. Attach the OWL Submission Form and the paper to be reviewed to an email and send to
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and !JLC.OWL. Put your full name in the Subject line of your email.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Analysis of, and advice on, matters of thesis statement, content development, organization, and grammar and syntax.
- A response within 48 to 72 hours.
WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT FROM US:
- A "Rewriting" of your paper
- Responses to Multiple Submissions
- Commentary on Instructors or Course Standards
REMEMBER: This service is meant to be a convenient alternative for those who wish to have papers reviewed on line; however, if you still prefer to work directly with a faculty tutor at the Center, call us at 203-371-7820 to make an appointment.