Criteria for receiving extended time and/or separate settings accommodations:
- You have submitted the appropriate documentation regarding your disability
- You are officially registered with the Office of Special Learning Services
- You have been granted extended time and/or separate environment as a reasonable accommodation by the JLC Assistant Director, Special Services
Procedures for using extended time & separate setting accommodations in the Student Success Center
- Fill out the Extended Time Test Request for each and every test or quiz that you opt to take in the Learning Center with extended time.
- Submit this document at least ONE WEEK prior to the test date. Failure to do so could result in test delays, or the Success Center not having your exam when you arrive to take the test. To coordinate communication with your professors, it is imperative that you submit this document ONE WEEK prior to the administration of your exam.
- Most extended time tests are taken at the same time as the rest of the class, but if, for example, your professor tells you that he/she is giving a test during the first half of the class and then giving a lecture afterwards, then you indicate on the form that you want to take the test prior to the class so it doesn't conflict with the lecture. We never want a student to miss a class lecture because she/he is taking an exam in the JLC.
- There is no guarantee that you will be allowed to take the exam in the Learning Center if you are late.
- On the day of the exam, please come to the JLC, and see Beverly Boehmke. Beverly will administer the test under a proctor’s supervision. Once you complete the test, your test will be scanned and returned to your professor.
Coordinator, Testing Services
Testing Accommodations Forms